This release contains a number of improvements and new features.
- -Added “Chocolate Kernel”* which allows OS X 10.6 to be run on legacy Intel, AMD** & i5 processors.
- -myHack Installer package now copies itself to the / of an installation device automatically.
- -Added Snow Leopard port of lspci.
- -Added native 64bit Snow Leopard build of IOATAFamily.kext for functional PATA (IDE) support.
- -Updated pfix v1.1 to pfix v1.2.
- -Updated PC EFI 10.3 to PC EFI 10.4.1.
- -Updated default com.apple.Boot.plist to use EthernetBuiltIn=y.
- -Refined and improved install scripts & the descriptions of each individual option.
- -Important information regarding known issues embedded into installer “Read Me” section.
* For full release notes regarding the “Chocolate Kernel” please see the Downloads page.
** This kernel will run most AMD systems but it does not include on the fly CPUID patching so if you intend to use this on an AMD system you will need to obtain a third party tool to patch your binaries.
- - Bugfix: PC EFI 10.3 was not properly installing over the Chameleon boot file in previous versions.
- - Bugfix: OSInstall MBR MOD would sometimes not properly install when using RC2.
- - OSInstall MBR MOD now checks for OSInstall.mpkg on target drive and is installed automatically.
- - Graphics Enabler option added.
- - Consolidated and simplified core options.
- - Bugfix: Added permissions enabling script to post-install. Details posted on the v1.0 RC2 release page.
- - Integrated OSInstall.mpkg & OSInstall framework into a single option.
- - Changed openhaltrestart.kext option to selected by default.
- - Added pfix v1.1 to installer.
- - Improved kext descriptions.
- - Chameleon 2.0 RC3.
- - PC EFI 10.3.
- - Sample com.apple.Boot.plist for basic operation.
- - Snow Leopard inspired myHack Chameleon boot theme.
- - All of the kexts listed on the Downloads page.
- - A number of bugfixes and snow leopard specific enhancements to the Chameleon installation scripts.
- - Detailed descriptions of each custom option.