- Burn SnowOSX distro to a DVD. Boot from DVD, installation will start, prepare your disk with Disk Utility - No need to customize, install default kexts. - During installation after agreement, you have to open terminal and make your DSDT. It is simple, there is a guide in Distro screen. Just use this
cd / sudo MakeDSDT yourdiskname
- Then finish your installation and reboot with -v - Probably you will see welcome intro without sound and video support. - Complete your settings like user name location etc...
- Lets fix USB and some disk problems. You will found com.apple.Boot.plist file in my files. Copy this file to inside of Extra folder. You can overwrite. Then restart.
- To fix hardware accelerated graphic support please use NVEnabler 64.kext from Graphic folder. To install you will find Kext Utility in Applications - ATools. Copy it to your desktop. Then copy Extensions folder from Extra directory to Desktop. And copy NVEnabler 64.kext to Extensions folder. Then Drag over Extensions folder to Kext Utility. It will repair permissions and create Extensions.mkext. Copy both Extensions and Extensions.mkext inside of Extra folder and overwrite. Then restart. You got graphic support.
- To get sound; please repeat previous fix with VoodooHDA.kext. You will get sound with volume controls After Restart.
- To get Battery please repeat again with VoodooBattery.kext.
- To get stable Ethernet please repeat again with RealtekR1000SL.kext.
- Probably there will be not Trackpad in your System Preferences. To fix this, you will find a guide in Trackpad folder.
- To fix WIFI, first you have to get rid of your Intel Wifi mini card. I replaced mine with HP Manufactured Broadcom BCM4311KFBG. You have to be carefull. It is important to buy a wifi supported from HP. Otherwise you will got 104 Error on Startup. and it will not boot. To change card you have to remove back cover. It is easy. And change your wifi card. Then please use IO80211Family.kext from Wifi folder. And install as usual with Kext utility. It works great.
Finally there is a smbios.plist. I changed for HP DV7 1245ef. If your computer is same use this one and copy inside of Extra folder. And If you have French keyboard, please use my frenchpc.keylayout and copy to Library/Keyboard Layouts.
Unfortunately there is no Sleep support and trackpad scroll right now. Please share us if you can find solution. SleepEnabler is not working with Hp Dv7.